In recent years, government agencies have developed an interest in semantic-based smart data discovery and analytic solutions. From enabling more transparent relationships with the public to improving productivity, government organizations are learning the value of big data analytics.
Here are the top 5 ways government agencies can benefit from implementing smart data solutions:
- Enhance transparency and services for the citizenry by simplifying data access and discovery
- Provide timely, accurate and customizable information to staff, citizens, media and businesses to support U.S. “open government” initiatives
- Bring a cutting-edge business tool to government to identify and reduce inefficiencies and improve productivity.
- Improve the speed of decision-making with more intuitive data insights, especially significant in mission-critical departments such as Homeland Security and FEMA
- Assist audits by GAO and intra-departmental evaluations to see how successfully agencies are accomplishing their missions
The major beneficiary of government’s embrace of smart, open data initiatives might be the private sector. A McKinsey report suggests that seven sectors alone could generate more than $3 trillion a year in additional value as a result of open data, “giving rise to hundreds of entrepreneurial businesses and helping established companies to segment markets, define new products and services, and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.”
Big data technology has finally reached a point of maturity to provide government agencies and society-at-large the benefits they have wanted for years. With the cost-effective smart data tools now available, government agencies can be at the forefront of big data innovation.
To learn more about semantic-based smart data discovery and analytics, read our whitepaper Transforming Data Management and Time to Insight for Federal Government with Anzo Smart Data Lake®.